We recommend the below steps for cleaning your shoes. Please note that specific materials and shoes may include their own cleaning recommendations for the item.
- Dry brush. Remove dirt from the outsole, midsole and uppers using a dry, soft-bristled shoe brush. No shoe brush? No problem—an old toothbrush will work just fine.
- Make a mild cleaning solution. Mix warm water with a small amount of laundry detergent.
- Wash laces. Remove the laces and apply a small amount of the mild cleaning solution. Massage the laces, rinse and then dry with a soft cloth.
- Wash soles. Apply the mild solution to a soft-bristled brush and brush the outsole and midsole. Dry with a soft cloth.
- Wash and blot. Use the mild solution and a soft-bristled brush or a soft cloth to clean the uppers. Rinse with a warm washcloth, removing soap, suds and any remaining grime. Repeat if necessary.
- Air-dry. Air-dry at room temperature, out of direct sunlight.
We don't recommend putting your shoes in a washing machine or dryer, or using harsh cleaning products (like bleach).